User Tag List

Page 175 of 258 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 6444
    Stalker

TWGOK Latest Chapter Discussion

An awesome release deserves an equally awesome forum post, and this topic is overdue. Now, you peons, you may voice your opinion on who is your favourite TWGOK girl in this topic. Now vote, VOTE!

This topic will be updated as new girls appear.

TWGOK Girls (in order of appearance)

Spoiler
    Elsea de Lute Irma: Elsee!
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99622-C09F1JI.jpg
    Height: 159cm (with bun)
    Weight: 44kg
    BWH: 83-58-84

Ayumi Takahara: The track and field girl.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99623-EY24GKI.jpg
    Height: 158 cm
    Weight: 50 kg
    BWH: 84-60-85

Mio Aoyama: The loli and ex-rich girl. Technically the first captured girl in the oneshot where her surname was Tsumagawa and she looked a little different.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99624-5W391PM.jpg
    Height: 149 cm
    Weight: 38 kg
    BWH: 74-54-77

Kanon Nakagawa: The idol girl.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99625-V9OV764.jpg
    Height: 161 cm
    Weight: 45 kg
    BWH: 86-58-85

Shiori Shiomiya: The quiet girl who loves books.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99626-N8RA66M.jpg
    Height: 157 cm
    Weight: 41 kg
    BWH: 78-54-80

Kusunoki Kasuga: The captain of the Karate club with a love for cute things.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99627-EXRC9JO.jpg
    Height: 175 cm
    Weight: 55 kg
    BWH: 89-57-90

Hakua du Lot Herminium: The flat chested devil girl.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99628-BEO1QJY.jpg
    Height: 162cm
    Weight: 46kg
    BWH: 80-56-83

Chihiro Kosaka: The 'average girl.'
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99629-3UGCWO5.jpg
    Height: 158 cm
    BWH: 82-61-85

Jun Nagase: The ultra positive student teacher.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99630-KY7A995.jpg
    Height: 162 cm
    Weight: 49 kg
    BWH: 88-59-85

Tsukiyo Kujyo: The loli astronomer that loves her doll.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99631-TRM20V0.jpg
    Height: 142 cm
    Weight: 35 kg
    BWH: 69-51-70

Minami Ikoma: The kouhai swimming club member.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99632-MSAHGWQ.jpg
    Height: 151 cm
    Weight: 41 kg
    BWH: 78-56-80

Tenri Ayukawa: Keima's shy childhood friend and vassal to Diana.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99633-AOMAX7A.jpg
    Height: 157cm
    Weight: 47kg
    BWH: 84-57-84

Nora Floriann Leoria: The big breasted devil girl.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99634-Y9JMYNE.jpg
    Height: 167cm
    Weight: 56kg
    BWH: 92-59-90

Diana: The goddess that dwells within Tenri. (Added purely because of tsundere attitude :P)
    Pic: See Tenri, and add a Halo
    Age: Unknown (at least older than any of the devil girls)
    Height/Weight/BWH: See Tenri

Reiko Hinaga: The friendly ghost
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99644-K3PULJ3.jpg
    Height: N/A
    Weight: N/A
    BWH: N/A

Sumire Uemoto: The Ramen girl with wierd taste-buds.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99635-FVHA028.jpg
    Height: 157 cm
    Weight: 49 kg
    BWH: 87-58-87

Nanaka Haibara: The expert Shogi player.
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99636-SSGFQ6D.jpg
    Height: 153 cm
    Weight: 40 kg
    BWH: 77-56-79

Yui Goido: The imprisoned maiden (and temporary Keima).
    Pic: http://sadpanda.us/images/99637-HNA61OJ.jpg
    Height: 160 cm
    BWH: 85-59-87
    Last edited by FKS; 11-28-2011 at 06:28 AM.

2. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessyr Page View Post
    This is purely hypothetical...but what if *duh duh duh*
    undefined
    keima was host to jupiter? in mythology jupiter was...infamous for multi-timing with a large variety of species.
    Demeter, not Jupiter

Naa, Keima is host to Demeter! not Jupiter, remember Maijima was a school created in honor of Demeter also the emblem of the school is Demeter in middle and Hexagon i think each side of the hexagon represents one Jupiter sister.
    so there are many clues that show can indicate Keima is the Host of Demeter. Starting that the school changed for women only like 10 years ago (almost same time the event when Diana enter into Tenri, and Keima was there too ) Also Nikaido Sensei relationship with hell, and the fact that many goddess where in the school, looks like the whole school was designed to bring Keima and the goddess together.

For the Maijima emblem we can assume Demeter has a very important part in the creation of new Hell and awake her can be necessary (a total twist in the story). Now if we can assume the way tho wake up a good is by falling in love. then next arc can be Keima falling in love of one of his previous conquest. 3 are my mayor candidates Aqua from hell Diana from Heaven and Chihiro from human world (I think Chihiro has bigger changes, based on last chapter of the goddess arc) because those are the girls that felt in love of Keima even knowing he was making other girls falling in love of him for a contract or to save them.
    Last edited by rlagarto; 06-08-2012 at 01:05 PM.

4. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlagarto View Post
    Demeter, not Jupiter

Naa, Keima is host to Demeter! not Jupiter, remember Maijima was a school created in honor of Demeter also the emblem of the school is Demeter in middle and Hexagon i think each side of the hexagon represents one Jupiter sister.
    so there are many clues that show can indicate Keima is the Host of Demeter. Starting that the school changed for women only like 10 years ago (almost same time the event when Diana enter into Tenri, and Keima was there too ) Also Nikaido Sensei relationship with hell, and the fact that many goddess where in the school, looks like the whole school was designed to bring Keima and the goddess together.

For the Maijima emblem we can assume Demeter has a very important part in the creation of new Hell and awake her can be necessary (a total twist in the story). Now if we can assume the way tho wake up a good is by falling in love. then next arc can be Keima falling in love of one of his previous conquest. 3 are my mayor candidates Aqua from hell Diana from Heaven and Chihiro from human world (I think Chihiro has bigger changes, based on last chapter of the goddess arc) because those are the girls that felt in love of Keima even knowing he was making other girls falling in love of him for a contract or to save them.
    As the goddesses are related to Demeter somehow, they are even more with Jupiter since they are "Jupiter sisters". Jupiter is probably the strongest god here, and in mythology he was had many woman; aside from that, the new saga's named after Jupiter and involves his heart, so IF Keima acquires a god in this saga to feed with love, the god will be Jupiter.

But Demeter probably will be part of the history too, as the owner of the "Demeter bakery".. my half-wild theory is that she is Jupiter's wife and will interfere with his host being conquered and kissed.

6. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well regarding who Demeter is, i think she is the mother of the Jupiter sisters and tried to remove the seal herself to set free the Goddess, but she got caught up and lost power and now hiding in a crevice of a heart. Could be anyone really.

8. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is the past...I wonder if he will meet Nikaido there. Perhaps will conquer her...that would be..... amusing.

10. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nercien View Post
    If this is the past...I wonder if he will meet Nikaido there. Perhaps will conquer her...that would be..... amusing.
    And i thinking that she was harsh with him because he disrespect her in classroom... Once she discovered the real Keima, the motive why he conquered her and the methods used, her blood was boiling in fury...

I think we may see the moment she made the contract with Akari, but i don't think it will have a conquer before that, actually i don't think Keima will go back to capturing real girls.
    Last edited by RennanNT; 06-08-2012 at 08:23 PM.

12. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see that but you know

click if can't see
    Last edited by Nercien; 06-09-2012 at 02:00 AM.

14. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wakaki’s blog of the summary of goddess saga is really interesting, provide a valuable creator angle of view of TWGOK. I wrote my opinion about goddess saga before I read his blog, now some questions and worries in it already be answered and relieved by his article, although it also confirmed and deepened some other aspects of point and anxiety. I will post my comment unchanged, to reflect my thought before I read Wakaki’s blog, and write the new opinion under it.

After so many chapters, I think it could be said clearly that the main theme of this manga is the contradiction between Keima's “the god of conquest” side and human side, and his journey of growth and the finally acceptation of the real world. But the main theme does not need to be describe directly, on the contrary, let it be revealed indirectly is a better way in general. In the runaway spirit section, the way how Wakaki describe it is like this: of the direct clue, the thing we see is Keima’s adventure, at first sight looks like he solves those girls' problem unilaterally, but see through it, people could find out that he also be influence in the course of events at the same time. The main theme here, as the subordinate storylines, be supported by the cheerful and interesting surface story. This technique, on the one hand, makes this part of TWGOK very absorbing, and on the other, it reflected how the interaction between Keima and those girls humanizing him and make Keima begin to introspection smoothly. He is affected the most by the first Chihiro conquer and Akari’s chapter, but this progress could also be seen in every other girls' scenario. Meanwhile, in the runaway spirit section, the plot of conquering one girl after another makes it does not need too many long-range plans to make every girls’ story integrated, and even one is not satisfied for the readers, the damage is limited, and the next exciting story could recuperate it easily. This mode, integrating the development on both levels, ensures the initial successes of TWGOK.

But, presumably the writer realized that this mode of conquering one girl after another can’t be used forever, the setup of girl is finite, at the meantime the representation of Keima’s growth is also limited in this cycle, there’s need to make transition to continue the story, so we got this goddess saga… A section left me unsatisfied.

The goddess saga formally began with the assassination of Kanon, end with the long awaited concert, the length is more than 70 chapters. With the backdrop of Kanon’s impending death, the goddess saga cannot be divided into several minor parts, like the runaway spirit section. Because of this, the difficulty of planning and describing is several times bigger. IMO, the integration of the direct clue and the main theme begin to go wrong from here.

In the beginning of the goddess saga, Kanon be stabbed, give Keima a big shock, make him reproached himself for it, think it is his inaction caused this tragedy, decide to do his utmost to redeem it. This beginning is OK, in the direct clue, it introduces the Vintage, the second goddess Apollo, etc. Under it, this beginning pushed Keima forcibly, make him must participate in this struggle of real world unreservedly. From the beginning of the goddess saga, Keima can’t play his games anymore, it could be seen as a reflection of his situation. But after this beginning, the cadence of TWGOK begins to get orderless.

Keima changed himself into demon mode, begin his simultaneous conquer, it is undoubtedly logical on the surface, but the “Keima’s growth” plot discontinued from here, the reason is simple, that Keima don’t have time to introspection anymore. Under the countdown of Kanon’s life, he must make an all-out effort to conquer those goddess hosts. And as a result of it, the contact of the main theme and direct clue be cut off from here. In those chapters of Tsukiyo, Yui and Shiori reconquer section, the interaction between Keima and them show no effect on him. This condition continued until the rooftop event, and it is already in the last part of goddess saga.

The rooftop event is fantastic, the human emotion Keima showed here is more than the sum of all chapters before. But the problem of the goddess is still there, Keima still have no time for introspection, so he back to battlefield just after a brief rest, begin the dilatory Ayumi final conquest. From here, even the direct clue begin to go chaos, tons of foreshadowing be arranged everywhere, evoke great expectancy from the readers, but to the end of the goddess saga, the thing they got could only be called an anti-climax ending. However the long disappear main theme suddenly broke out, make Keima shed his first tear. With hindsight, the direct clue of goddess saga is heavy on top and light on the bottom, when the main theme is light on top and heavy on the bottom. In the direct clue, the writer give lots hint foreshadowing, like the internal conflict of hell, the mysterious Demeter, Tenri’s secret, etc., But none of those got later developments. Maybe the writer could unfold those in the next section, but what is left for the goddess saga? On the main theme, except the beginning, all Keima’s growths plot is in the interaction between him and Chihiro, even in the Ayumi’s final conquest, Ayumi acted like a background plate used to support them, but not a lifelike character. Although the image of Chihiro becomes very solid, but if she is not in the next section after goddess saga, her shine could only make the total structure of TWGOK unbalance. The female characters which Wakaki create are not stereotyped comparatively, but most of them can’t compare with Chihiro on the level of stereoscopic now. The balance between female characters is almost non-existent now, what’s the purpose of writer to design like this?

About the future developing, I had hoped Wakaki could give Keima some time to rest, have a good sleep, play some games, and engage in his long disappeared introspection. But instead, the writer kicked him into the new advantage immediately… Perhaps how much Keima should grow is not decide, or he wants to destroy Keima’s nerve immediately? Looking forward the forthcoming “The heart of Jupiter”, I only hope there is no direct relationship between Keima and any supernatural being. If it is said that Chihiro have goddess could degrade TWGOK for one level, This kind of thing happened on Keima will not only destroy the future developing, but also depreciate all those wonderful chapters before goddess saga. I guess Wakaki is just trolling, It is not the first time he did that, isn’t it?
    “The conclusion of the goddess saga was mostly set from the moment it started”, as Wakaki said, this section of TWGOK has a long-term plan, even it is not complete. Now we know, the focus of this goddess saga is on Keima and Chihiro, although it could be blurred feeling as reading the manga, but hear Wakaki said this thing himself still surprise me. Keima, as the protagonist of TWGOK, is definitely the core of the plot, but Chihiro, though her scenario before goddess saga is very interesting, it’s hard to see, or believe could be the second core of this manga. The change from single core mode to double core mode is tremendous, and the direct side effect, as I wrote above, is the other girls’ relation with the main theme of TWGOK is vanished. Has this defect be remedied by those interactions between Keima and Chihiro, is still debatable now, and need to see the future development. Talking about goddess saga only, rooftop event is good, but their interaction in the Ayumi final conquest looks steal the show, and a little out of the surface scenario. Not to mention, after the goddess saga, there is a new problem needing to be asked, as a normal girl without goddess, could Chihiro play a major role in the Jupiter Heart?

However, change the main female leads again maybe a worse idea. If one route change is grave, two route changes could be nothing but terrible. The main theme of TWGOK -the growth of Keima- is bound up with these two’s interactions, cut this element out in the future could only make the rhythm of this manga more rough.

Meanwhile, Chihiro is not having no vantage. As Wakaki said, she didn’t grow wings, wasn’t blessed with game settings and didn’t get a story, that’s the reason why she shone uninhibitedly and didn’t lose in the story. The normal become the most special thing now, and it is easy to understand: of seven girls, if one of them has wings, this one is special, but if six of them have wings, then that one without wing is special. Now, as the relationship between Keima and those goddess hosts still is some kind of duty, the thing between Keima and Chihiro could be nothing but pure human emotion. I used to worry that for the business reason, Wakaki can’t spend enough space on her, but after reading his blog, I think a man who is so “autocratic” on his works, set the conclusion of the goddess saga mostly from the moment it started, and persist his way to the end, without regard to the possible loss, could do this again in the Jupiter saga. So, this is the worry that be relieved. But, he also said his present self has used up all strength doing it… And IMO, the rupture between direct clue and main theme in goddess saga almost diminished its integrity. If Wakaki can’t take another step forward in his work, what level could Jupiter saga reach is still doubtful. This is the worry that be deepened by his blog. But still, that article makes me could wait with cautious optimism. Maybe Wakaki could find some hidden strength in these three weeks. May the Muse be with you, Wakaki, and the favour of the reader.

16. Description
    content
  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nebo For This Useful Post:

genesic123 (06-09-2012), RennanNT (06-09-2012)

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not that i care if this series will end or not but i look forward to keima's changes throughout the series. Will he continue to ignore the "real world" and continue embracing the "game world" or change with the reality around him? will he still be "the god of conquering" or become the "Harem king" that i think he will be? what mercury said got me thinking about a possibility of harem probably....

19. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great analysis Nebo, although i see in another light some parts of it, i don't really disagree with any. Here's my 2 cents:

The goddess saga, although it lasted 70 chapters, took only 11 days in the timeline, what is close to the time of a normal conquer. Also, his growth always happened right before and/or right after the conquer, hardly happening on the middle or earlier, so i think it was just a bigger conquer arc with a proportional (in terms of chapters) growth from him at the end, and very coherent with the rest of the series. And we even had some growth when he was searching for candidates (after meeting Jun and Minami), with a display of his lonely side, and i think that he entering 'demon mode' was some growth too (at least, he noticed that his god mode wasn't enough).

As he already proved his abilities, the following saga should go to the next level to not become more repetitive and boring, and in that occasion, i don't think there were other alternative aside from multiple dating, so i had no problem with the climax and growth being so delayed (i had a little problem with a part of Ayumi's but just because it was starting to get repetitive and without no progress, but it was only for 3~5 chapters).

As the main theme was Keima's growth, and maybe Chihiro's too, as you said, i think this saga fulfilled its purpose even if leaving lots of loose ends to the next one. I think the end was appropriate and i have no complaints about it anymore. As you said, he made us to have more expectations from this, but IMO "his error", if we can call that, was to give the impression that would require more than just Mercury to reverse the situation, thus that would have more story ahead and a hard battle to end it. But if we go back to before the kidnaping, i believe that everyone was expecting a end just like that. And, as he always made clear that Akari and Nikaido were above normal devils and in every move of Vintage they were there to save the day, so maybe it was our fault for not expect it.

Anyway, the bad taste i had in ch188 about the fight disappear completely, after 1 week to calm down and with all different feelings that i had in ch189..
    Last edited by RennanNT; 06-09-2012 at 10:52 AM.

21. Description
    content
  22. The Following User Says Thank You to RennanNT For This Useful Post:

Nebo (06-10-2012)

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for your thoughts on the Yui, Shiori, and Tsukiyo arcs and Keima's static character arc over the course of those three sections of the saga: as you pointed out, Keima felt responsible for Kanon's stabbing and thus made powering up the goddesses, not just awakening them, was top priority so that the goddesses could defend themselves in his stead. Keima knows that he cannot protect the goddesses himself, despite how much he wants to. Keima attempted the 100% speed run on 5 girls at once, if you will. To do so, he would have to attack them while emotionally removing himself to the girls, an aspect that he did not attempt in the Spirit Capturing arcs. If "God Mode" has Keima focusing his entirety on one girl at a time, then "Demon Mode" is not describing the 5-timing, it actually was Keima's declaration that he would have to make girls fall for him while being emotionally removed from the situation. That's why we do not see Keima evolving between the first three recaptures: he is so focused on finding Mercury and ensuring the goddesses' and hosts' safety that he does not allow himself to think about anything else. And it would have worked too. If Keima had gone after Ayumi and not Chihiro first, he would not have broken down as quickly.

We know that Keima has been starting to crumble under the weight of his responsibility. It's shown through the entire goddess arc, whether it be right after meeting Minami again or when Vulcan, Haqua, and Diana berate him or passing out in at home (that Haqua/Elsie fan service chapter >.>) or his illness. Chihiro is the one who broke his stride, halting his momentum from capture to capture. And in this brief moment on the rooftop, all the emotions he put aside after Kanon's stabbing come rushing in. But he needs to regain control of himself until the job is done, which is why, with Tenri's help, he cheers up briefly until the danger has passed.

There's one bit of dialogue that makes this all possible. After the date with Elsie, she says to him, "I want to be useful. I hate being useless." To which Keima replies, "Just remain happy and live on your emotion. That's your job. Because I cannot." Not exactly like that, but that is what he saying.

I just wanted to add this, but couldn't think of a good place to interject. Yui does break Keima stride and lead him around in circles, but that's understandable. Wakaki has the "most attractive, beautiful (feminine/womanly?)" character be a complete and total dominate tomboy; who couldn't be thrown off by her?! XDDDDDD
    I HAVE NO SHAME. VICTORY, AT ANY COST!

24. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the epic analysis of Wakai's blog,Nebo.
    my two cents for it:

The harem will be decided by Keima's whole ''duty vs love'' aspect.The girls could for once, in a harem, be the main characters,making it more legit that the others harems before it.Every girl, not just Chihiro should be important to Keima.The harem conquest for keima hasen't started just yet so we can't say if any of the girls can conquer keima.

i always wondered why Vintage was defeated at the rock so easily(it looked like they wern't even trying to live).Fortunately, it looks like we can confirm they will be back to truly settle things with the Goddesses.At least i know now that,It was an option for Wakaki to end the fight with Vintage at the rock and he sort of acknowledges it,but he wanted a strong ending as opposed to a good ending.

The next saga should explore Heven and make Vintage more Epic than they already are.I would want to see the Goddesses at full strength as well.I think that this would be an epic adventure arc as opposed to a character development arc.We have already seen a lot from Keima.This arc could potentially weigh itself down overdoing character development,if it cannot do something unique in that aspect.

A little pitiful, that despite saving THREE realms, Hell,Heven and Earth using only HUMAN willpower as opposed to any form of superpower,nobody really thanked him for what he did.He suffered greatly,and NO ONE bothered about his feelings(maybe Elsie).He is definatly an unprecedented, legendary hero in the history of anime/manga or even in fiction in general.

26. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genesic123 View Post
    A little pitiful, that despite saving THREE realms, Hell,Heven and Earth using only HUMAN willpower as opposed to any form of superpower,nobody really thanked him for what he did.He suffered greatly,and NO ONE bothered about his feelings(maybe Elsie).He is definatly an unprecedented, legendary hero in the history of anime/manga or even in fiction in general.
    Well, everyone* aware of it also saved the world together with him and he isn't a civilian, since he too works for hell, so they need to be thanked as much, not mentioning the ones who are saving it for the second time. And being harshly and constantly offended in a manga with so many tsunderes is actually the proof that his efforts are being very appreciated, the question is how many of them he is knows that is a tsundere.

*Elsie helped in the first conquer of the goddesses and Tenri made Diana release her wings, so i'm counting them into the "world's saviors" too.

28. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RennanNT View Post
    Well, everyone* aware of it also saved the world together with him and he isn't a civilian, since he too works for hell, so they need to be thanked as much, not mentioning the ones who are saving it for the second time. And being harshly and constantly offended in a manga with so many tsunderes is actually the proof that his efforts are being very appreciated, the question is how many of them he is knows that is a tsundere.

*Elsie helped in the first conquer of the goddesses and Tenri made Diana release her wings, so i'm counting them into the "world's saviors" too.
    If everyone started lining up to thank Keima for all that he has done, I'll start wondering if the manga is ending .

30. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that regard the whole goddess saga as a big conquer arc could interpret the lack of growth theme in the middle part, like those Sukiyo, Yui and Shiori recapture, but whether extending the usual 6-7 chapters section proportional to a 70 chapter saga could have decent result, is doubtful IMO.

However, I understand the little blemish of those three girls’ section may be a necessary sacrifice, the inclusions and omissions that a writer must choose. Refine the theme, is a point that be written on every writing coursebook. For outstand the main theme, all the other material irrelevant should be reduced. For every step the story advanced, the main theme shall become more definite. So I won’t complain about the final fight between Vintage and goddess be touched on lightly, but criticize those so many hints about there will have an epic fight at the end of the goddess saga (flag 169-171 almost completely unnecessary, watch them with the hindsight now).

But, could Wakaki continue to deepen the main theme? He is not lack of determination, it is doubtless. Otherwise, he won’t dare to kick the main female leads of the runaway spirit section, Elsie, out of the picture for almost whole goddess saga, to remove all possible obstacles on the way led to the rooftop scene. But talking about capability, it is another thing. Not say he is not talent, former chapters have already proven his ability, but to describe Keima’s further growth require more competence. Depict a god is easy, cause nobody really knows what a god should like; depict a man, a man who makes the reader feel realistic will be much harder. After the beginning of Keima’s humanization in runaway spirit section, the intensification of this evolution in goddess saga, every further step needs more wisdom from now on. If the Jupiter saga shows the final battle between his “god of conquest” side and human side, it will need great talent to describe the strongest inner struggle that Keima will have.

Meanwhile, talking about the story, I don’t think there have contradiction between adventure plot and character development. I have talked about refine theme and reduce irrelevant material above, but I don't mean that amazing story has any incompatible element to Keima’s growth. On the contrary, only through the proper combination of these two could get the best effect. Exemplify with goddess saga, the rooftop scene is a positive example, full of emotion, meanwhile very dramatic. Comparatively, the last two chapters also very emotional, but a little out of the surface story, and it is also a reason that makes me a little discontent of goddess saga. I agree what Ryuutai posted on the previous page that hope this Keima's journey is something introspective and deep, but introspection, as itself, is hard to compose a well-rounded story. Through the incitement from the event and the interaction with others to mature Keima, would be more acceptable than just show him muttering to himself for the readers, IMO.

32. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soo, it started off from other point of time than previous chapter...And who is that girl?!
    Last edited by Crake; 06-22-2012 at 01:01 PM.

34. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Demeter I'm guessing who hidden a runway spirit as well just like Diana. But was overpowered by the weiss and fallen into unconsciousness until the whole vintage attack woke it up

36. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it's back!!!

Anyone have ideas where the title might be from?

Mari is back! Hope we get to hear about her adventures soon .

With Vintage is supposedly gone, so I guess the urgency to capture the spirits is less. The squad still hangs around just in case something else goes wrong while hell sorts out its mess I suppose .

Haqua got her job back . After all that trouble, I thought it would have been more interesting if she went independent . Was hoping to see Yukie as well .

Nora got promoted as expected. Keima promised that she would get all credits after all.

Tenri getting bolder . She gets hungry in the mornings . She seems to fidget like Shiori now ? So she told Diana what comes next. Meaning everything Diana knew about Keima's plan was from Tenri. Just with that, Diana wasn't hesitant any more? That's the explanation for Diana's wings?

Keima now seeing illusions?

Who's that girl?

New sound effect? New crisis looming? I guess the wait for the next chapter continues...
    Last edited by basic; 06-22-2012 at 01:29 PM.

38. Description
    content
  39. The Following User Says Thank You to basic For This Useful Post:

MrHome (06-22-2012)

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ELSIE I missed you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much

And I went like "HOLY CR@P" when a certain person sorta disappeared O___o

41. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made it for fun

Last edited by Unnamed player; 06-22-2012 at 03:01 PM.

43. Description
    content
  44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unnamed player For This Useful Post:

jindo90 (06-22-2012), kurayamino (06-24-2012), lucky777 (06-22-2012), MrHome (06-22-2012), Muddy Biddy (06-22-2012), Random145 (06-22-2012), saprobek9 (06-22-2012)

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking Demeter is either bound to the tree, or she is the tree and her roots spread throughout the entire city. Something like that. Perhaps she's looking for company, considering that I assume that people have stopped praying to her.

I thought Tenri had joined Keima's school at first. I think that's what's going on.
    I HAVE NO SHAME. VICTORY, AT ANY COST!

46. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Muddy Biddy;91902]I'm thinking Demeter is either bound to the tree, or she is the tree and her roots spread throughout the entire city. Something like that. Perhaps she's looking for company, considering that I assume that people have stopped praying to her.
    QUOTE]

That's a good theory. I suppose things are pretty much like this.

48. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit lost here, I think.

In the current chapter (191), chapter 190 hasn't happened yet right?

If that's the case something is going to happen (not necessarly bad and not necessarly soon) which is the cause for "Keima's journey".

There's room to expand in the case of Keima's amnesia, so maybe he will start to question wheter or not he's really an outsider in all of this.

Anyway, enough of that for now. The radar detected something so at least there's a chance that the new girl is a host, a devil, a god or something else unless she is unrelated.

Pretty happy twgok is back but now I have to wait another freaking week for the next chapter.
    Last edited by Crimson; 06-22-2012 at 04:01 PM.

50. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Biddy View Post
    I'm thinking Demeter is either bound to the tree, or she is the tree and her roots spread throughout the entire city. Something like that. Perhaps she's looking for company, considering that I assume that people have stopped praying to her.
    Interesting theory. So more like a traditional Japanese god.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Biddy View Post
    I thought Tenri had joined Keima's school at first. I think that's what's going on.
    I'm thinking she might transfer into the same school later . With her having the courage to walk and talk with Keima now, along with being concerned enough about Keima to outwardly show signs of worrying about him, I'd say we can expect much more from her now. Hmm, what time of the year is it now? I suppose eventually all of them will go to their final year in school (when does the Japanese school year start again?). I'd expect plenty of drama if all the girls that Keima had to deal with before (who are in the same year) ended up in the same school and class as Keima (probably not likely to happen ).

Off at a tangent, I'm guessing Fiore is now arrested and not forgotten in some corner in Keima's house waiting to be discovered by Mari while cleaning .

52. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHA!! Pixel Keima was awesome! XD
    This chapter showed how far Tenri has gotten whilst being all adorable and cute like she is normally ^_^

54. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Anyway, enough of that for now. The radar detected something so at least there's a chance that the new girl is a host, a devil, a god or something else unless she is unrelated.
    The sound wasn't the usual "doro doro", nor the radar can detecet heavenly beings, plus the girl is on the school, so is unlikely or she has special weiss.

I think its a important call from hell, maybe to inform some irregularity on school..
    Going a little wild, it could be that some old devils revived before the sunday (what would even explain why the 2 chapters spent on invading the rock), and because they arent weak anymore the sound changes.
    Going wilder now, maybe his father came back and he is under some vintage spell and the radar noticed..
    Last edited by RennanNT; 06-22-2012 at 05:58 PM.

56. Description
    content
  57. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RennanNT For This Useful Post:

basic (06-23-2012), saprobek9 (06-22-2012)

Page 175 of 258 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.