User Tag List

kaisyrgxD
    Stalker

Definitive Negima Scans?

[I typed up an entire post but then I refreshed and lost it all; I apologize if I sound rude or slightly incoherent but I don't want to waste time writing it all again D:]

To start off, I'm new to this series and I want to start reading Negima off on the right foot by only reading the best versions of each chapter because 1) I like archiving the manga I read anyway, and 2) manga readers just don't update their manga to reflect the best available releases.

Assuming that this should be where Negima fans flock now since RH is the sole scanlator of new Negima now (as far as I know), I figure this should be the right place to ask:
    What scan groups offer the best (i.e. archivable) releases for different batches of chapters/volumes?

Checking MangaUpdates, there are simply too many versions of many of the oldest chapters and too many of the old scan sites have shut down to simply download every version and manually compare them all, but I figure long-time fans should know where to get whichever volumes or chapters. Hopefully there isn't too much debate about which scans are the best, but I hope this thread can establish the definitive versions of each chapter, not only for me, but for any other new Negima readers that may come in the future.

Please respond with your opinions. Thank you all very much!

2. Description
    content
    dnniwa485
    Stalker

Re: Definitive Negima Scans?

The so called First Term is found here: (the moment when Negi enrolled to Mahora to the point of Mahora School Festival) Chapters 1-169

http://www.bakabt.com/130557-mahou-s...irst-term.html

------------------

Chapter 170 - 279

Just go to some random manga hosting sites...

------------------

Chapter 280 - 326 Go to Animum Mutare:

http://animummutare.wordpress.com/

-----------------

Chapter 327 - onwards

go find it here.

edit: wrong chapters... corrected

4. Description
    content
    Ichibukai
    Stalker

Our online reader has the best scans available to our knowledge. The whole series is on there.

6. Description
    content
    dnniwa485
    Stalker

does online reader have download option for archival purpose?

well, I think you can download the images one by one and can be done by some Download Managers with Incremental File Naming feature like FDM... but its not worth of hassle to archive a lot of images.

8. Description
    content
    Fate Auverruncus
    Stalker

I think we should re-scan from chapter 170-279 with best quality... (thanks to dnniwa485 for Negima First Term source). Well, thats my opinion....

(or maybe we can make new section to do it)

I don't want to be like this

10. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you read the early chapters up until past the AQS era, it'll be really bad quality until you get to to HQ groups doing it. (around the start of the MM arc i think.)

12. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i got that whole first part of the manga in hard copy so not really a bother to me D: but that torrent should host the best quality files. i have it downloaded all and some of the early groups kinda failed with quality just speed releasing it.

14. Description
    content

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.