Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Manga/Anime Recommendation

:"As far as I know"; I don't read manga that much:"But we all have manga series that we read everyday and want to share it with other":

:"We always got that special Anime/Manga you love and think that people should read it or watch it":, >Then post it in here. >It can be any anime or manga you like<,

:"So give us your BEST SUGGESTIONS And I'm sure someone will check them out..":

2. Description
    content
    Ultimate Lune Fan

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 396 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure guy with a secret code name that i cannot read or pronounce.

Anime :
    Seitokai no Ichizon
    Baka to test to shokanjuu
    TWGOK(manga,anime and light novel)
    R15
    MM
    Mayoi Neko Overun

Manga :
    Judge
    Franken Fran
    Mangaka san to Assistant san
    Seikkesshou Albatross.

4. Description
    content
  5. The Following User Says Thank You to the p-man 2 For This Useful Post:

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the p-man 2 View Post
    Sure guy with a secret code name that i cannot read or pronounce.

Anime :
    Seitokai no Ichizon
    Baka to test to shokanjuu
    TWGOK(manga,anime and light novel)
    R15
    MM
    Mayoi Neko Overun

Manga :
    Judge
    Franken Fran
    Mangaka san to Assistant san
    Seikkesshou Albatross.
    :"Sir P-Man": You might want to reconsider adding more details on how you enjoy reading/watching the following manga/anime series you've just posted>"

>If "You Don't want to add details due to laziness or other reasons" then you can just leave it be and only post the names">

>:"As for my nickname": You can call me Earl or Stran:"
    Last edited by איינער טוט ניט פ; 03-13-2012 at 10:45 PM.

7. Description
    content
    Ultimate Lune Fan

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 396 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seitokai no Ichizon : Good slap-stick comedy anime (12 episodes)
    Baka to test to shokanjuu : Funny, Harem anime. (Season 1, 2 and have 3 OVAs)
    TWGOK(manga,anime and light novel) : No need for description
    R15: Good fanservice anime (if you know what i mean)
    MM: LOL anime
    Mayoi Neko Overun : Generic anime worth watching

Manga:

Judge :Gore-Horror manga, fun to read.
    Franken Fran : Gore and creepy manga, NSFW
    Mangaka san to Assistant san : Funny slap-stick manga
    Seikkesshou Albatross : Previous work of Wakaki Tamiki, creator of TWGOK.
    Sora no Otoshimono : They gad me at boobs. (Got 2 animes , 1 OVA and a movie)

Also : איינער טוט ניט פ = Earl/Stan okay.....
    Last edited by the p-man 2; 03-13-2012 at 10:56 PM.

9. Description
    content
    Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eden: It's an Endless World!

If you like post-apocalyptic stories , then you're guaranteed to enjoy this. It is packed full of philosophy, the thoughts that alot of the characters explore are fascinating. The 100+ page prequel chapter sets the scene nicely , but the next chapter wich enters the story proper still feels like enough of a departur that everything is new once again. It's really interesting

The basic premise is that a virus has wiped out a large protion of the world's population, and many of those who survive are only able to do so through mechanical bodies and mechanical enhancements (I always wanted a mechanical arm).

Honestly, give it a try, it is an incredibly thught provoking manga, that really makes you think about humanity and morality. 10/10
    Last edited by Ib; 03-13-2012 at 11:14 PM.
    The Neko Picture Below is Hiding Something -- I wonder what it is...

11. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ikoku Meiro No Croisee (Anime/Manga)

The story takes place in the second half of the 19th century, as Japanese culture gains popularity in the West. A young Japanese girl, Yune, accompanies a French traveller, Oscar, on his journey back to France, and offers to help at the family's ironwork shop in Paris. Oscar's nephew and shop-owner Claude reluctantly accepts to take care of Yune, and we learn how those two, who have so little in common, get to understand each other and live together in the Paris of the 1800s.
    Absolutely beautiful anime. At first I thought it would be boring and cliche, but they managed to make it a very cute story. It's very interesting how they combine the cultures of both french and japanese, and I learn a lot too. The main heroine, Yune, is too cute, though sometimes stubborn, as well as the main hero, Claude. There is a lot of depth to all of the characters, and the story feels realistic too.
    Last edited by Allorenta Kyoko Flortrida; 03-13-2012 at 11:20 PM.

13. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My recommendation for today...and tomorrow since it's only a couple hours away :P

Angel Beats Recommend

This is by Key so you just know that it's gonna be good. The anime has a nice balance between drama and light-hearted comedy, and, like many of Key's anime, has a chance of making you cry. With only around 12 episodes or so, this anime is good for casual watchers, but it will leave more hardcore watchers yearning for more. I don't know how to summarize its plot well so I'll just leave my rating for it here:

9 out of 10 Dango

Gosick Recommend

This anime will take some time to get into.The story takes place shortly before WWII in a fictional European country, centering around a Japanese exchange student (Kujo) who quickly becomes an outcast due to an unfortunate coincidence with one of the school's legends and a short yet incredibly insightful girl (Victorique) who never comes to class, spending her time residing at the top of the library, which results in her being linked to a school legend. The anime starts off as a pure mystery anime, but as the series progresses, it slowly turns almost completely into a romantic anime. The story is kinda slow at first but then it starts to pick up the pace when they visit that village. The final episodes are very exciting xD. Though my one gripe is that some "guest" characters (they play the lead role only for a certain arc) aren't very memorable so if they appear in a later episode, you might get hung up trying to remember who this person was.

7 out of 10 Drills that Will Pierce the Heavens, plus 1 for the Inspector.
    "Happiness lies in our destiny like a cloudless sky before the storms of tomorrow destroy the dreams of yesterday and last week." -Linus

15. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anime: Paranoia Agent by Satoshi Kon and produced by Madhouse (13 episodes, genre : mystery, psychological thriller)

Some of you may already know Satoshi Kon's works like "Paprika" or the astoundingly creepy "Perfect Blue". Then you'll know that it's impossible to resume his movies and in this case series in a few sentences. The plot of this anime is so complex and surrealistic. It mainly revolves around some characters who are all being assaulted by a bizarre young man called "Shounen Bat" by the newspapers because he attacks people with a baseball bat. From then on the story becomes more and more bizarre...If you're looking for an anime with great suspense, action and that makes you also think a bit, then go for it!

Manga: Pluto by Naoki Urasawa (genre : detective, science fiction)

It's definitely one of the best mangas someone have ever read. Urasawa is a bloody brilliant storyteller blessed with realistic art skills and a literary mind (which is scarce among mangakas...). The story is actually inspired by Tezuka's "Astro Boy". It's about a robot inspector, Gesicht, who investigates about a series of mysterious human and robot murders. You should definitely gives this manga a chance and read it.

17. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairy tail is good because it's got everything
    hahahaha

19. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anime
    Macross Frontier
    Macross Frontier is a great anime to start with if you don't watch too much. It's a solid action anime with romance on the side.

Toradora
    Toradora is probably the best entrance to romance/comedy (romcom) animes. It's also one of the very few series that actually resolve a harem without leaving the rest of the heroines dangling.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
    It's not exactly a normal anime by most standards, but it's a really good slice of life anime with a supernatural twist to it. The cynicism and comedy opens up a lot of routes to other animes.

Gintama
    Gintama is the ultimate parody anime, they'll satirize anything from Will Smith to Scotties tissue paper. The series boasts a really large cast but each character is pretty original and just seeing them will make you think "Oh yeah that guy!" Might be hard to follow at first because the references are sometimes really vague, but it's a solid anime you won't regret watching.

I'll update later with some other suggestions I guess.

Myanimelist.net isn't a bad resource, it's biased beyond belief but it's a good resource nevertheless. You can take a look at my profile : http://myanimelist.net/profile/InfiniteGenesis

21. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manga:
    A-Channel (4koma)
    Lucky Star (4koma)
    Fairy Tail
    Sankarea
    Sora no Otoushimono

Anime:
    Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wings
    Black Rock Shooter

Not watch many anime. I'll comeback later. I forgot some titles

23. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From mee

Manga:
    Nisekoi(must read!!)
    Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
    Denpa Kyoushi(kind of like TWGOK)
    Boku To Kanojo No Renai Mokuroku
    Iris Zero(I think alot of people know this)
    Dakara Boku Wa, H Ga Dekinai(soon an anime)

Anime
    err...wait...mm
    C³?

25. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manga?

click my signature.

it's totally awesome.

27. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by איינער טוט ניט פ View Post
    [B]:"As far as I know"; I don't read manga that much:"But we all have manga series that we read everyday and want to share it with other":
    If only I actually could understand Hebrew... XD

Anime: Nichijou. Holy crap this anime is funny. It's about high school girls going about their daily lives with all sorts of insanity going on that switches between exaggeration and reality, such as one of the girls figuratively exploding with anger to a girl literally explodes due to embarrassment because she's a robot. Also, it's extremely cute XD

Redline: It's a movie with not much plot, however it's all hand drawn, the soundtrack is amazing, and it's about a death race with giant cars, guns, explosions, and women. In space. It's very well done.

Manga. All of the above
    I am a Hero: It's horror. And it's scary. So this 30 year old artist is down on his luck and not in control of his own life. He feels that he is a side-character in terms of everyone else. The guy's insane. And then..... I cannot say what type of monster appears because there's about 12 chapters of build up and for the most part you're not even sure that this is real or Hero just snapped. The art style is not the cutesy "stereotypical" manga style. It's realistic.

29. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :"I'm reading the manga of a brilliant mangaka named Tsutomu Nihei...the title is Biomega...he also created BLAME! and NOiSE, which are all scifi/cyberpunk mangas along with Biomega>

Brilliant combat, complicated storyline and most of all...brilliant art...noise is a prequesl to blame, and blame has a sequel as well :"so my recommendation is to read everything starting with Biomega, then noise, blame...if U want some sort of chronological order":

31. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The greatest webcomic to ever exist: "Double-K" What if Kamina and Simon from Gurren Lagann were cops in a Miami Vice 80's action comic? It really could be greater than the actual anime itself!
    I HAVE NO SHAME. VICTORY, AT ANY COST!

33. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 - An manga with a really good story, apparently not much knew: Mahou Tsukai Kurohime

Kurohime, the strongest magician, tried to kill the gods of her world, and in the fight she lose part of her memory and a lot of power. The story is about her regaining her god-level powers and fighting them and also about her romance with Zero, currently her bodyguard. It include time travels, and a lot of twists about her motives to hate the gods and principally her romance and how she and Zero influenced the other life even without notice.

----
    2 - An manga (and anime) that a lot of people probably skipped, but is a must read for anyone who likes comedy at least: Eyeshield 21

I confess that i had preconception about sport mangas and didn't had any interest in American Football. I had a 'no thanks' attitude to this manga, and only read because it became rare to find good mangas (after reading more than 400). Well, in the end, i read the ~300 chapters in 3~5 days, and now is in my top 10. It was made to complete noobs in the sport, so don't worry and just try, i doubt you will regret to read it.

And it has my favorite character, tied with Katsuragi Keima and Lelouch Vi Britannia, Hiruma Yoichi. YA-HA!

---
    3 - Psyren - Espers battling bad espers or monsters, to avoid the apocalypse that they witness trough time travels.

---
    4 - Skip beat - If you didn't read it yet, what are you still doing here? Go read it now!

My second favorite comedy, losing only to TWGOK. Totally hilarious. The selfless Kyouko was used as a maid and income source for months by her first love (and childhood friend) and he even humiliates her when he didn't need her anymore. Now she wanna revenge against him, but the only way is to surpass him in the showbiz as an actress.
    Last edited by RennanNT; 04-19-2012 at 05:10 PM.

35. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myself; Yourself
    Clannad
    Nanatsuiro Drops

37. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since I don't pay attention to anime's that much anymore I really don't have any in mind.

Manga on the other hand there are some that I can recommend:

Gamaran - A lot of action but nice story.
    Kuroko No Basket - My favorite sports manga right now.
    Code:Breaker - My guilty pleasure. Got hooked ever since the first chapter.
    Pastel - Nice story but the chapters take some time to release.
    Sun-Ken-Rock - Can be very, very Ecchi but good story and good action.
    Nisekoi - Only 23 chapter in but a nice read either way.
    Nurarihyon No Mago - One of my top ten manga right now. Very easy to get into.
    Medaka Box - Fell in love with it after catching up with it.
    History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - Excellent read IMO
    Suzuka - My favorite love story. The manga is complete though.
    Freezing - Another one of my guilty pleasures.

There are more but these are just some of my favorites.
    Last edited by Esquire; 04-19-2012 at 05:30 PM.

39. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anime: Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari. If you can understand the wordplay, puns, and references, you have yourself probably one of the smartest supernatural series out there. It seems entirely childish, but the message it actually upholds is very moving. Also, very ecchi and hyperviolent. There's one part where the main character Araragi Koyomi is swung around a room by his organs, but he's an immortal pseudo-vampire so he doesn't actually die.

Not something to watch around family.
    I HAVE NO SHAME. VICTORY, AT ANY COST!

41. Description
    content
    Proofreader

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Deya; 04-20-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Additions

43. Description
    content
    Officer

Status
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was going to recommend Ratman, but then saw that it was already mentioned, so I'm gonna suggest

Anagle Mole.

It is a story about a Majin(Demon) who have come to spy on the human race.
    However, these Majins have a misconception about humans that they are a feroucious beings and that they are superior in every way, when it's the exact opposite.

The art is nice and the characters are likable in my opinion. I really find this one funny and recommend you to at least take a look at it.
    Main Type
    Overall Self
    Take Free Enneagram Personality Test

45. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to Manga

Hilarious manga (at first it alternates between a 4-koma and a regular manga but now it's just regular) about a perverted (yet surprisingly pure at heart) mangaka whose manga is centered around pantsu. Revolves around the daily life of Aito Yuuki, his #1 Assistant Ashisu Sahoto, his editor Otosuna Mihari, Assistant #2 Fuwa Rinna, Kuroi Sena the Super Assistant, and Branyaa, the anthropomorphic mascot/back-up cat assistant.

For those that are interested, the artist for this manga did a funny ecchi doujin about Fate/Zero that's up on certain popular hentai site that made those hen-tie shirts. There's no sex IIRC but there is nudity, though it doesn't last for many pages.

5/5 Pantsu

Acchi Kocchi Manga and Anime

A slice-of-life 4-koma manga that has currently been adapted into an anime. It's about a group of 5 friends in high school. Io is the oblivious yet charming male lead, Tsumiki is the extremely strong, short tsundere who's in love with Io, Hime is the kind-hearted, innocent klutz, Mayoi is the techie prankster of the group and tends to troll the group (mainly Tsumiki) and is always seen wearing a lab coat, and Sakaki is Io's best friend and usually trolls the group along with Mayoi.

10/10 Pats on the Head -1 for being too short!

Kami-sama no Memo-chou Anime

A mystery anime about an average high school boy named Narumi who gets drawn into the NEET Detective Agency, a somewhat hidden detective agency led by Alice, a NEET who rarely leaves her room, who is a whiz at computers and deductive reasoning. The legwork is done mainly by her 3 assistants and their various connections, but most importantly, Souichiro and his gang. While the anime is based off of the light novels, this series isn't THAT great though I attribute that to the fact that they decided to go with a 12-episode series. However, the series does end with a bang, and it becomes VERY interesting. This is good for light-watching but far from the best.

5/10 Dr. Peppers

Dantalian no Shoka Anime

Disappointing. It has an interesting start and an interesting premise and plot, but the pacing is terrible. For the 12ish episodes, most of them are spent in a montage-sort of pacing. If this series was longer, then this would be a great "Saturday Night Murder Mystery" show. Nonetheless, Dalian is adorable, especially when faced with sweets.

4/10 Phantom Books

Carnival Phantasm Anime

This anime is god-tier if you're a Type-Moon fan. To understand most of the humor, you must have read/watched/seen Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night. To understand all the jokes, you must have read/played/seen the storylines of each series' respective sequels. A definite must-watch for any Type-Moon fan because it'll probably be one of, if not your favorite comedy anime.

10/5 "OMG, they killed Lancer!" "You bastards!"
    Last edited by Holy_Banisher; 04-20-2012 at 02:31 AM.
    "Happiness lies in our destiny like a cloudless sky before the storms of tomorrow destroy the dreams of yesterday and last week." -Linus

47. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend the following animes:

To Aru Majutsu no Index
    Hyouka
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
    Another

^_^

49. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My anime recomendation is clannad it has in a great story and manga prunus girl it's really funny

51. Description
    content
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast