NEO Captain

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now Recruiting Proofreaders!

UPDATE: The application process is closed.

All right, everybody, Red Hawk Scanlations is in need of some fresh blood in our proofreading department! Specifically, I'm looking for someone to take over regular proofreading of Kimi no Iru Machi, although I'd like to recruit a few people to bulk up our staff a little beyond just that.

The basic requirements are:
    • Native speaker level fluency in English. I do not require that you actually be a native English speaker, but I expect you to have an equivalent level of understanding in regards to spelling, grammar, and usage of idioms/natural sounding speech.
    • Familiarity with IRC, or willingness to learn. Our staff communicates primarily via IRC, so I need you to at least be willing to learn to get on, so we can quickly contact you when scripts are ready. This is especially important for Kimi, since it is a project where speed is absolutely of the essence.
    • Basic familiarity with the Japanese language including Hiragana, Katakana, and elementary grammar, although not required, will earn you extra points.

If you are interested in applying, send me a forum PM, or better yet, send me a message on IRC -- I am almost always in the #Red-Hawk channel on IRCHighway. I will hook you up with the proofreading test, and we'll proceed from there. Keep in mind that the test must be completed within 24 hours. To quote the famous retired Head Proofreader Ichibukai:

You must complete your work within 24 hours after the test is sent. If you fail, you will not be allowed to resubmit your script.

If those requirements seem harsh, then consider this: If you cannot finish a script within 24 hours, then you are too slow for the real thing. If you fail the test once, then you would also fail with the real thing. In either case you would clearly not be prepared to take on the responsibilities of a proofreader.
    Thanks, and good luck!
    Last edited by ObsidianTK; 07-22-2012 at 12:56 AM.

2. Description
    content
Closed Thread