User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think of Ib?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ib is so moe!

2 33.33%
  • It's a well-made game, it made me cry

3 50.00%
  • what the hell is this?! ("Sealdrenxia: *stares* Burn! you scum!")

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
    Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Interesting Horror Game/Adventure Game For You to Play

Ok, it's me again and this time I will be reviewing some Horror game that Pewpew plays and I just played and also I will give you the download link so you don't have to worry about finding it coz it's hard to find since lots of mirror link are broken and also I'm generous :)

For this day I'm going to review a great horror game that is very, very interesting. In fact! I enjoyed playing this so much I played this straight till midnight, the story of this game is well made and I must say the ending is really heartwarming! The title of the game is "Ib" (pronounced "Eeb," similar to “Eve”) is a freeware horror adventure game by Kouri and so here is the plot, and Ib is so moe :) I think I will be a lolicon for her

Some pictures first

Ib~~

Marie Garry and Ib!

Marie Garry and Ib!

Mary Garry and Ib!!

A young girl named Ib visits an art gallery with her parents.
    While observing the many exhibits, she suddenly realizes she is alone.
    And in her search for others, she finds things awry in the gallery...

The game is focused on exploration and puzzle-solving.
    There are no battles, and it does not demand quick reflexes.
    It's designed to be accessible to all kinds of players, so enjoy.

Screenshots:

There are 3 endings in this game (I think-- I only got the 3 endings), oh well.. (read the instructions! and come back here if your stuck or something, and rate the game :) by posting some comments

Download Links

http://www.mediafire.com/?g32xzro2hzua5o3

or

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69514702/Ib.rar

= How to Start / Troubleshooting =
    1. Make sure to extract the .rar file first.
    2. If you don't have the 2003 RTP installed, run RTPMaker.exe.
    3. Once these are done, simply run RPG_RT.exe.

Made by Type-Ero of s2s
    Ib Thread Collection
    | | |
    Last edited by Ib; 10-17-2012 at 01:56 AM.
    The Neko Picture Below is Hiding Something -- I wonder what it is...

2. Description
    content
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ib For This Useful Post:

cloudwatcher19 (08-06-2012)

NEO Captain

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Spooky and abandoned buildings? Creepy statues? Moving paintings? Then Ib (pronounced as ‘Eve’) has everything you could want in one nice free package. It was released in February 2012 and has just recently been translated to English. The game has been made entirely in RPG maker 2000 by Kouri and is full of creepy puzzles for you to enjoy. The pixelated style has a lot in common with Game Boy Advance style horror rpgs. If you like other Japanese indie horror games such as Corpse Party or Ao Oni then you'll likely enjoy this as well.

The game revolves around the young protagonist, Ib, who is asked to visit a museum with her parents. While exploring various art pieces around the gallery, many of which she cannot entirely read, all created by a single man, something inexplicable happens and Ib finds alone in a nightmarish realm where art becomes life, life determined to harm little Ib.

The subtle music and creepy atmosphere play well into one another as you progress through the various chapters, each filled with various scares, puzzles and otherwise just disturbing moments as you make your way to safety or pending doom. Each part of the game has its own distinct atmosphere. Depending on where you are in the game, the colors change, the music changes and of course the puzzles change. The first puzzles aren’t exactly terribly hard but can be confusing if you do not take the time to look around for the various clues and hints. As you progress through the chapters, forcing you to search for items and actions that can get you through that section without dying a miserable death. Fortunately save points are abundant so if you do meet your untimely end you won't lose much progress.

There are several different endings that you can get, which range from ‘worst’ to ‘best’. All of which come with a specific title, so you know which ending you’ve gotten.

This blend of monsters, puzzles and sudden surprises is worth a playthrough (or multiple, just to see all the endings). The game is free to play and an English version can be found here.

Below is a checklist for the various endings and what must be done to achieve them.

Endings

Ib All Alone

Ib chooses not to go through the painting at the end.

Forgotten Portrait

Garry loses his rose.
    Ib defeats Mary.
    Ib chooses to go through the painting at the end.

Together, Forever

Garry loses his rose.
    Ib leaves without defeating Mary.

Memory's Crannies

Garry keeps his rose.
    Garry doesn't have any physical reminder that he knew Ib.

Promise of Reunion

Garry keeps his rose.
    Garry and Ib are friends.
    Garry has a physical reminder that he knew Ib.

For more detailed instructions on how to get these endings feel free to private message me and I'll get back to you when I can.

Last edited by Dirna; 07-30-2012 at 03:22 AM.

5. Description
    content
  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirna For This Useful Post:

cloudwatcher19 (08-06-2012)

Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirna View Post
    Like Spooky and abandoned building? Creepy statues? Moving paintings? Then Ib (pronounced as ‘Eve’) has everything you could want in one nice free package. It was released in February 2012 and has just recently been translated to English. The game has been made entirely in RPG maker 2000 by Kouri and is full of creepy puzzles for you to enjoy. The pixelated style has a lot in common with Game Boy Advance style horror rpgs. If you like other Japanese indie horror games such as Corpse Party or Ao Oni then you'll likely enjoy this as well.

The game revolves around the young protagonist, Ib, who is asked to visit a museum with her parents. While exploring various art pieces around the gallery, many of which she cannot entirely read, all created by a single man, something inexplicable happens and Ib finds alone in a nightmarish realm where art becomes life, life determined to harm little Ib.

The subtle music and creepy atmosphere play well into one another as you progress through the various chapters, each filled with various scares, puzzles and otherwise just disturbing moments as you make your way to safety or pending doom. Each part of the game has its own distinct atmosphere. Depending on where you are in the game, the colors change, the music changes and of course the puzzles change. The first puzzles aren’t exactly terribly hard but can be confusing if you do not take the time to look around for the various clues and hints. As you progress through the chapters, forcing you to search for items and actions that can get you through that section without dying a miserable death. Fortunately save points are abundant so if you do meet your untimely end you won't lose much progress.

There are several different endings that you can get, which range from ‘worst’ to ‘best’. All of which come with a specific title, so you know which ending you’ve gotten.

This blend of monsters, puzzles and sudden surprises is worth a playthrough (or multiple, just to see all the endings). The game is free to play and an English version can be found here.

Below is a checklist for the various endings and what must be done to achieve them.

Endings

Ib All Alone

Ib chooses not to go through the painting at the end.

Forgotten Portrait

Garry loses his rose.
    Ib defeats Mary.

Together, Forever

Garry loses his rose.
    Ib leaves without defeating Mary.

Memory's Crannies

Garry keeps his rose.
    Garry doesn't have any physical reminder that he knew Ib.

Promise of Reunion

Garry keeps his rose.
    Garry and Ib are friends.
    Garry has a physical reminder that he knew Ib.

For more detailed instructions on how to get these endings feel free to private message me and I'll get back to you when I can.

*clap* *clap* but we can discuss it in here about the game and endings. Together and Forever and Forgotten Portrait, I haven't seen that yet, yey replays

8. Description
    content
    Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updates: Added a new link
    ~~~Videos Added

Videos

10. Description
    content
+ Reply to Thread