On this day, August 30th, 2012, Red Hawk Scans celebrates its fourth anniversary! We've definitely gone through a lot in the past year, and we've come out of it stronger than ever! We'd like to thank our valuable staff members who devote their time and energy to our operation, and of course, we'd also like to thank our dedicated readers! Our work is motivated by your support and our love for the manga that we work on.
Our internal affairs have stayed relatively consistent within the last year, excepting the fact that one of the big three of Red Hawk, Ichibukai, announced his retirement from the scanlation scene. Ichibukai was well-respected and well-loved by all of Red Hawk, and we were all sorry to see him go. Since his leaving, ObsidianTK has taken Ichi's place as Head Proofreader. Takadanama still oversees the entirety of Red Hawk's operation, and HontouRakuda is still the steadfast head of the translation department. Naselare is rightfully Head Cleaner, considering his skill, and Vaelis continues to offer his excellent work as Head Typesetter. And of course, none of us would be able to read this post if it weren't for Toten's expertise in keeping the site up and running.
We have a few wanted posters for missing members, Translator Finestela and Typesetter Flashily! We urge them to return to our ranks, especially since Triplicate is rather miffed about having gained responsibility after becoming Red Hawk NEO's Head Translator in Finestela's stead.
Many things have changed and grown within Red Hawk in the past year, most notably being the addition of Red Hawk NEO, a sub-group of RHS , in December of 2011. Our beautiful and beloved Dirna reclines in her throne as NEO's Head Cleaner, while ObsidianTK and Vaelis are Heads of Proofreading and Typesetting, respectively, and the newest Head, Triplicate, sulks silently at the responsibility he now holds.
Not only has Red Hawk's structure changed, but the staff has also gone through a whirlwind of change.
We'd like to welcome FKS as our newest officer!
The list of our currently active staff is as follows:
js06, Kanon64, MusouMitai, ernest8192, kewl0210, Runte, themasterwarlord, and GreenMoriyama.
Aryllos, jagman1x3, Deya, epokreign, Irru, Nemu, th3l3fty, TracerK, Lingering Sentiment
2T_K, azevedo, DKThias, jagman1x3, KoolKidsK, Kundumstaf, Yoshimatsu, Lokocr, M-Hario, MoonWind, Otamega, Shii~~, Skywalker, Shion, Finestyle
depression76, FKS, Vargouille.
MrHome, Gradonil_Ral, escfal, Shaoron
As a rather large scanlation group, we handle many weekly projects, and many more irregular projects such as monthlies. Our weekly series are Beelzebub, Hayate no Gotoku, Kimi no Iru Machi, Sensei no Bulge, which is slated to end soon, Silver Spoon, and The World God Only Knows. Our irregulars include Tail Star, Needless, Princess Lucia, Judge, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteriru, and Tekken Chinmi Legends. We've picked up a few series along the way this year, including Billy Bat, Bakudan!-BakumatsuDanshi, and Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, with a few of our upcoming series being the serialization of Seo Kouji's Half & Half, and another WSJ series to replace Sensei no Bulge!
Well, at this point, we'll read off some awards for the staff, as some need recognition for the social-life-killing efforts that they've put into their work!
The award for "Most Active Translator" goes to Triplicate, our most recent (read: In the 8 months he’s been here, there has yet to be another applicant who’s passed HontouRakuda's rigorous testing) addition to the translation department! It isn't uncommon for half of the releases on our New Releases table to be done by Trip, and he works on a total of four series within Red Hawk, most being weekly, including Beelzebub and Sensei no Bulge.
For the title of "Most Active Cleaner," the award goes to a staff member who wasn't even recruited for the position! Jagman1x3, who applied and joined RHS as a proofreader, has been cleaning furiously for Red Hawk as of late, working laboriously to fill in for series where we may lack cleaners, or sometimes even just out of his own self-interest. Jag has spearheaded several attempts to pick up new series, including our recent addition, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu!
We also have a few more serious awards for the rest of our various staff members:
- Most Abusive: Triplicate
- Most Abused: For this category, the reigning champion KoolKidsK has given up his throne to Aryllos! Congratulations!
- Shortest Tenure as Staff: Derek
- Most Nitpicky: Aryllos, for single-handedly starting about 70% of all petty arguments in IRC since he joined! (Also his proofreading is rather thorough.)
- Most Likely to Lead People Through Arguments While Secretly Enjoying Their Pettiness: jagman1x3
- Most Missed: Finestela ;_;
- Most Tsundere: Nemu
- Most Interesting Release Posts: otamega
- Coolest IRL Name: epokreign (No we're not telling you what it is.)
- Most Scandinavian: DKThias
- Most Likely to Orchestrate A Suicide Bombing: Deya
- Most Time Using Spiked Dildo: epokreign
- Longest Time Being That Lime-Green Color That Applicants Have: Vargouille
- Laziest: Runte
- Hardcore Kimi-maniac: HontouRakuda
- Most Mysterious: Lingering Sentiment
- Raping Queen: Mooltie
- Most Hateful of Leechers: th3l3fty
- Most Humble: Dirna
- Most Lacking a Hard Drive: lokocr
- Most Annoyed Over Shortening of Ellipses: kewl0210
- Most Abused Nickname: Triplicate
- Most Likely to Enjoy "Non-Blood-Related Incest": He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
- Most Vocal About His Bowel Movements: takadanama
- Most OCD: MusouMitai
- Best at DDR MOST LIKE A GUNDAM: ObsidianTK
- Most Broken Bones: Irru
- Biggest Staff Channel Lurker: MajinAndy
- Appletard: Ikore
- Most useless: MrNobody
We're four years old today, and still going strong! We hope you'll all continue to support and follow us!
Red Hawk Scanlations