Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow To The Moon (Best Game of 2011)

So here's another game freebie/review hosted by me, a game called "To The Moon," I just finished this game yesterday and was definitely touched by the great story of this game (it made me cry, well same goes for Dirna-nee :3), this game has lots of mystery and the questions will be piling up throughout the game and after travelling on various memory links to the past, you will realize how is it all connected and you will cry manly tears or if you're a girl well..... you will cry more.

Story: To the Moon is an indie Adventure RPG, about two doctors traversing through the memories of a dying man to fulfill his last wish.

More reviews

"One of the most beautiful games ever played in my life, even if it's a little short. It has great ambiance, it's depressing, creepy, but it also has humorous parts that'll keep you hooked. I wasn't so fond of the game at first, but eventually I realized that I have formed some sort of emotional attachment with one of the characters; his life, and how I sympathize with him and those who are important to him. It's really touching, and will guarantee you it's going to be a great experience. Aside from the story itself, the graphics are tremendous (I'm using a somewhat similar program but this time, it's VX and I am so awed at the layout and mapping of the game) and the music as well." By Erangot

Info about the creator/developer: To the Moon is the fourth video game by Canadian designer/composer Kan "Reives" Gao and the first commercial production by his indie game development team Freebird Games. Released in November 2011, it is a role-playing adventure game designed using the RPG Maker XP engine. The game was originally released on the author's website and various digital download portals and on September 8, 2012, it became available on Steam.

Screenshot:

Video

Reception

To the Moon has received generally positive reviews which praised the story and music. The game holds an average rating of 81 out of 100 on Metacritic, and 81.53% on GameRankings.
    In GameSpot's 2011 Game of the Year awards, To the Moon was given the "Best Story" award, which was won against Catherine, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Portal 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles. which were also voted in the same category. To the Moon was also nominated in the categories of "Best Music", "Most Memorable Moment", "Best Writing/Dialogue", "Best Ending", and "Song of the Year". It was also the highest user-rated PC game of 2011 at Metacritic.

So here's the download link. (The Two Mirrors are Two Different .exe- Mirror 1 Uploaded by me and the Mirror 2 is by Play2)

Enjoy:

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

If you can't run it: Refer to this thread: http://www.itechtalk.com/thread3591.html for creating an exception on the DEP settings, since your AV might find the installer a virus or something (as for me, it works fine with me- no need of DEP settings only do it if doesn't install)

See Here: Click to Enlarge

Image 2: Click to Enlarge

If you like the game, you can support the developers by buying it if you like the game, or buy their other games, they have more : Their website: http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/

More Games by Ib
    Last edited by Ib; 10-22-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    The Neko Picture Below is Hiding Something -- I wonder what it is...

2. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played it shortly after it came out. It's definitely good, and Wattz made me smile the whole time.
    Doesn't get to best of 2011 for me, that place is reserved for Nitronic Rush. What can beat a flying DeLorean?
    Last edited by Mr. Mister; 10-23-2012 at 04:59 AM.
    Originally Posted by DrKirre
    It's a conflict in the mods!
    One of them (the grenade mod) says Baseball: This item is a grenade! It distracts foes!
    And another one says Baseball: This item is a misc item! It does nothing.
    Problem is, they're set up in juuuust the right way to both say it to the same item at the same time without getting fixed in the bashed patch. So you pick it up, and fallout goes 'k, here's a baseball. It's a gren- no it's - yes- no- I- what are you - stop- I-" SPLOSION
    And THATS how babies are born.

4. Description
    content
    Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    I played it shortly after it came out. It's definitely good, and Wattz made me smile the whole time.
    Doesn't get to best of 2011 for me, that place is reserved for Nitronic Rush. What can beat a flying DeLorean?
    especially the part where he shouted, Kamehameha, Hulk Smash, and Hadoken/Haduken got me, but the best part is the part where they tried to convince John to be an astronaut

Convincing John to Be an Astronaut. XD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50SQU...8C2EF54#t=592s
    Last edited by Ib; 10-23-2012 at 06:52 AM.

6. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wattz
    You never #@*%block a kamehameha!
    Ditto.
    Originally Posted by DrKirre
    It's a conflict in the mods!
    One of them (the grenade mod) says Baseball: This item is a grenade! It distracts foes!
    And another one says Baseball: This item is a misc item! It does nothing.
    Problem is, they're set up in juuuust the right way to both say it to the same item at the same time without getting fixed in the bashed patch. So you pick it up, and fallout goes 'k, here's a baseball. It's a gren- no it's - yes- no- I- what are you - stop- I-" SPLOSION
    And THATS how babies are born.

8. Description
    content
    Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have finished playing it, this time I was the one playing it. It was a great experience; made me shed manly tears for 5 minutes.... again Play this awesome games bros :) it's awesome. Time to play Witch House afterwards, I will be posting a review and the download link soon as I finish the series and P.S it's a horror game

10. Description
    content