2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanatsu General Discussion

Nanatsu no Taizai / The Seven Deadly Sins

Author/Artist:
    Suzuki Nakaba

Info:
    The "Seven Deadly Sins", a group of evil knights who conspired to overthrow the kingdom of Britannia, were said to have been eradicated by the Holy Knights, although some claim that they still live. Ten years later, the Holy Knights have staged a Coup d'état and captured the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. Elizabeth, the king's only daughter, sets out on a journey to find the "Seven Deadly Sins", and to enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.

Serialized in:
    Weekly Shounen Magazine

DISCUSS!!

2. Description
    content
    Ultimate Lune Fan

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 396 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The manga was good, pretty good, but it's not really giving me a "WOW" factor...then again, it's just the first chapter so I'll make my judgement after a few more chapters...

4. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this manga related with this, recently announced, anime: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ect-gets-anime?
    They have the same titles but form the contents they seem different.

6. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silly girl, your hearth is on the left.
    Originally Posted by DrKirre
    It's a conflict in the mods!
    One of them (the grenade mod) says Baseball: This item is a grenade! It distracts foes!
    And another one says Baseball: This item is a misc item! It does nothing.
    Problem is, they're set up in juuuust the right way to both say it to the same item at the same time without getting fixed in the bashed patch. So you pick it up, and fallout goes 'k, here's a baseball. It's a gren- no it's - yes- no- I- what are you - stop- I-" SPLOSION
    And THATS how babies are born.

8. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvasho View Post
    Is this manga related with this, recently announced, anime: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ect-gets-anime?
    They have the same titles but form the contents they seem different.
    Err, I could be wrong, but I doubt it's related.

There have been many series with the name "Nanatsu no Taizai" in the title. It's a common phrase after all.

First chapter looks good. Amusing enough to catch my interest. Feels like a "calculated to entertain" kind of first chapter though . Will see where this goes. I think it can be interesting.

10. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanatsu no Taizai Oneshot

Nanatsu no Taizai Oneshot

Release Date: November 22, 2011, Weekly Shounen Magazine-52-2011
    Total Pages: 56

Image gallery

||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Download RAW: Mega || MF

Dear Red Hawk, is it possible to translate this oneshot?

12. Description
    content
  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gooseberry For This Useful Post:

ukimix (05-15-2013)

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot!!

My 2 cents:

I have been hesitating about Melodias always touching Eli: is that abuse or what? Why doesn't she say or do something about it? The answer is obvious: she likes it. The cover page, the panel in which Melodias, upset and determined, choose to go for Eli and the panel with their hands, make it clear. They love and like each other. Even the quick fight is like music of violines for their love. As the teacup falls, Eli rises his head, and when Melodias beats Griamor, he catches the teacup and Eli is finally watching his smile.

Ban and Emile before, Melodias and Eli now.., love is a topic in this story. Great cover btw!

Veronika's movement is clearly the necklace. She went to put it in Eli's neck, not to rescue her.

About the shadow, I have felt all the time: "Melodias is not that tall". If his sword hides a monster, his short version can hide another monster.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was King who pushed the teacup (distraction strategy).

15. Description
    content
    Sloth Moderator

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Thanks a lot!!

My 2 cents:

I have been hesitating about Melodias always touching Eli: is that abuse or what? Why doesn't she say or do something about it? The answer is obvious: she likes it. The cover page, the panel in which Melodias, upset and determined, choose to go for Eli and the panel with their hands, make it clear. They love and like each other. Even the quick fight is like music of violines for their love. As the teacup falls, Eli rises his head, and when Melodias beats Griamor, he catches the teacup and Eli is finally watching his smile.

Ban and Emile before, Melodias and Eli now.., love is a topic in this story. Great cover btw!

Veronika's movement is clearly the necklace. She went to put it in Eli's neck, not to rescue her.

About the shadow, I have felt all the time: "Melodias is not that tall". If his sword hides a monster, his short version can hide another monster.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was King who pushed the teacup (distraction strategy).
    Princess-chan isn't exactly aware of "love," and I don't think Cap'n "loves" the Princess, since he holds all his comrades dear (much like every good-willed Protag.MC).
    The whole deal with the teacup falling and showing the slight movements of the Princess, Cap'n, and the Holy knight is to show how fast this is happening. When King knocked the cup off the table, it served two purposes: A distraction to get close to the knight (in the story), and to show how fast the fight lasted in human-perception (our perception, and the princess's perception).
    The whole shadow-business is clearly to just show he's a different species than the princess.
    And I think King knocking the cup off the table was quite obvious.
    Kat is my name, Sloth is my game. ---- The Self-proclaimed Villain of the SBox. Hear me roar. Surossu Moddo: HATSUDOU~!

17. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaKatGod View Post
    Princess-chan isn't exactly aware of "love," and I don't think Cap'n "loves" the Princess, since he holds all his comrades dear (much like every good-willed Protag.MC).
    The whole deal with the teacup falling and showing the slight movements of the Princess, Cap'n, and the Holy knight is to show how fast this is happening. When King knocked the cup off the table, it served two purposes: A distraction to get close to the knight (in the story), and to show how fast the fight lasted in human-perception (our perception, and the princess's perception).
    The whole shadow-business is clearly to just show he's a different species than the princess.
    And I think King knocking the cup off the table was quite obvious.
    Why not to call love what Eli feels about Melodias?

Let me share this personal view I wrote about Ban story. That story has the integrity and the unity of a terminus ad quem. You can't add or substract a word with out diminishing its beauty... That could almost be said about the story of Ban. Lets outline the essentials.

- A powerful warrior search for the fountain of immortality...
    - When he finds it, the source is defended by a powerful guard.
    - They fight and in the fight they argue about their motives... and in the dispute, they fall in love with each other.
    - When they are loving each other, a second warrior comes to take the fountain
    - As a result of the battle, the lovers are going to be killed, but in the moment of their death she gives her lover the fountain of immortality...
    - With the fountain's power, the warrior beats the murderer of his sweetheart.
    - Now he is immortal,... but at the same time he has lost what he cares the most. (In the case of Ban, he wanted to live longer to see if something good could happen to him, but to get immontality he had to pass over the most painful experience, which is a tragic paradox).
    - With the times and with the battles, the immortal warrior discovers a way to arrive to the world where dead ones go once they die. He goes there and finds his beloved...
    - After a moment of joy, he's rejected by that world, since he's still and forever alive ... So sad...
    And now what?...

Well, now it would be nice if we witness the struggle this immortal warrior is about to give to be able to die and rejoin, again, with his beloved lady. Just, the perfect plot... a terminus ad quem . ([S]I have to say it: If you were able to tell this story to some ladies in the site with out spoiling the story, we could get more women reading with us this fantastic comic[/S])

A comment aside. Sacred is not secret, but it would be nice if Ban's sacred treasure would be his book of ale labels:

Spoiler

Question: Have you translated this oneshot?
    Last edited by ukimix; 05-15-2013 at 05:16 PM.

19. Description
    content
    Administrator

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,258 Times in 641 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we'd love to do it but we cannot use those raws for quality release. It'd be great if someone could help me find out where to buy that old issue.
    Thanks.

21. Description
    content
  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Malakith For This Useful Post:

ukimix (05-16-2013)

Sloth Moderator

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd only not call it love because innocence doesn't love. If you read the whole series of events wherever Princess and Cap'n interact (even in just the first chapter alone), she's innocent. She may get embarrased about being touched (highly unlikely it's the scream-shout-then-slap embarressed type, but it's still embarressment), but she doesn't have love on the brain. This isn't so much of a series where romance is a heavy factor to the story, since Princess is having her whole brain processing the desire to save her kingdom, even at the cost of her own life; I can very much doubt "love" would be on her brain.

And to answer your question about the one-shot, I can't say they have TL'd it or not. They might have it TL'd but not the time to TS and everything, or they may not have any plans on scanlating the one-shot. I wouldn't get my hopes up for it or anything.
    Kat is my name, Sloth is my game. ---- The Self-proclaimed Villain of the SBox. Hear me roar. Surossu Moddo: HATSUDOU~!

24. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by takadanama View Post
    Yes, we'd love to do it but we cannot use those raws for quality release. It'd be great if someone could help me find out where to buy that old issue.
    Thanks.
    I'm trying to help, posting in other web sites about your willingness to translated that oneshot if available. Here one of those post.

Quote Originally Posted by DaKatGod View Post
    I'd only not call it love because innocence doesn't love. If you read the whole series of events wherever Princess and Cap'n interact (even in just the first chapter alone), she's innocent. She may get embarrased about being touched (highly unlikely it's the scream-shout-then-slap embarressed type, but it's still embarressment), but she doesn't have love on the brain. This isn't so much of a series where romance is a heavy factor to the story, since Princess is having her whole brain processing the desire to save her kingdom, even at the cost of her own life; I can very much doubt "love" would be on her brain.

And to answer your question about the one-shot, I can't say they have TL'd it or not. They might have it TL'd but not the time to TS and everything, or they may not have any plans on scanlating the one-shot. I wouldn't get my hopes up for it or anything.
    I have been reading the whole series carefully, and I love it. Love is a big world, and has many meanings. If she's innocent and she doesn't react when Melodias touches her, then what we could say about Melodias? Because he's not innocent at all. Is he a molester or an abuser, then? I don't think so or I wouldn't like to think about him that way. I agree, Eli's faces are the faces of a woman that is not fully aware of love, but I would prefer to think that hers are the faces of a young woman that is discovering what it fells to be touched. The point is that she likes what Melodias does, and that's a good way to begin to walk the way of love. I think the cover of this chapter made the point clear, together with Melodias resolution to safe her. He was not a saviour of a child, but the saviour of a woman he likes.

Imo, love is a major topic of the story. Ban story is the story of a man who found love and who found someone to love, (I like that story so much, did I say it?). That's pretty clear and as evidence you can take the cliche sentence: "Someday I'll definitely make you mine". After the death of Elaine, and for all those years, he was not only boring but depressed:

Spoiler

Also this face was the face of a man that finally could see his beloved woman once again:

Spoiler

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

In the blog of the author, I have found what it seems to be an omake of Nanatsu, just in case ... :-)

26. Description
    content
    Blue Viking

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 343 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to help, posting in other web sites about your willingness to translated that oneshot if available. Here one of those post.
    Did you not notice that the links are the same? Finding them is not enough. You simply need to check if the raw are HQ or something like that so that we can use them for release.

They are not omakes but the author's blog entries.
    独りの狐だけだが・・・

28. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FKS View Post
    Did you not notice that the links are the same? Finding them is not enough. You simply need to check if the raw are HQ or something like that so that we can use them for release.
    Sorry I don't understand you. You mean the links to Raws in Mega and MF are the same?

They are not omakes but the author's blog entries.
    Thanks. I thought it was a omake.
    Last edited by ukimix; 05-16-2013 at 09:35 AM.

30. Description
    content
    Blue Viking

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I don't understand you. You mean the links to Raws in Mega and MF are the same?
    That's correct.
    独りの狐だけだが・・・

32. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's correct.
    No man, those are not the same link; two different storage sites.

34. Description
    content
    Blue Viking

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No man, those are not the same link; two different storage sites.
    It seems like you didn't understand what I mean. Taka said he cannot use raws posted here by Gooseberry, which are hosted on Mega and MF.
    You posted a link to Mangahelpers that contains Mega and MF links. If you examine them (the two MF links and then the two Mega ones), you'll find that they are the same. Moreover, there is a blatlant resemblance between two posts (the one by Goose here and the one you linked here).
    独りの狐だけだが・・・

36. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like you didn't understand what I mean. Taka said he cannot use raws posted here by Gooseberry, which are hosted on Mega and MF.
    You posted a link to Mangahelpers that contains Mega and MF links. If you examine them (the two MF links and then the two Mega ones), you'll find that they are the same. Moreover, there is a blatlant resemblance between two posts (the one by Goose here and the one you linked here).
    Ok. Now I'm worry. My intention with the post in Mangahelpers were 2: (1) to ask if someone knows where to buy that book, and (2) to provide Goose scans to the community in that site. Maybe that's not clear, since I did those 2 things in just 1 post. But I thought with the link I provide in the end of that post, it's clear that Red Hawk can't use Goose's scans. Do you think I have to make this last point clearer? I can do it.

38. Description
    content
    Blue Viking

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh okay, I see. It's all right then.
    独りの狐だけだが・・・

40. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh okay, I see. It's all right then.
    I think it's better to clarify it even more. Take a look now. I gave credits to Gooseberry and make clear that you can't use those scans to make a quality realease.
    Last edited by ukimix; 05-16-2013 at 11:19 AM.

42. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have a question about those terms:

As far as I understand, all the action occurs in a kingdom. So, why the story tell us about a kingdom called Britannia, (here), and sometimes about a kingdom called Lyonesse, as here. What is the relationship between Britannia and Lyonesse? Did the author changed the name of the same kingdom?

44. Description
    content
    Translator

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have a question about those terms:

As far as I understand, all the action occurs in a kingdom. So, why the story tell us about a kingdom called Britannia, (here), and sometimes about a kingdom called Lyonesse, as here. What is the relationship between Britannia and Lyonesse? Did the author changed the name of the same kingdom?
    Hi there.

Britannia refers to the region/geography, while Lyonesse specifically refers to the Kingdom/political entity.

If you pay very close attention, the series never refers to Britannia as "Kingdom of Britannia," but rather, always just "Britannia." Meanwhile, Lyonesse and in the latest chapter, Danafor, are specifically referred to as "Kingdom of ____." In Japanese, Lyonesse is referred to as "リオネス王国" or 王国 with リオネスas its furigana. (王国 means Kingdom.) For example, in chapter 27, first panel, King refers to King of Lyonesse as "リオネス王国国王" which literally means King of the Kingdom of Lyonesse (lol this sentence is confusing).
    Last edited by ferdinbeer; 05-21-2013 at 06:59 PM.

46. Description
    content
  47. The Following User Says Thank You to ferdinbeer For This Useful Post:

ukimix (05-21-2013)

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Tranlation error?

Quote Originally Posted by takadanama View Post

Chapter 31 - Byzel Fight Festival

Raw: Mr. P
    Translator: ferdinbeer
    Proofreader: Jagman1x3
    Cleaner: Powertrip
    Typesetter: FKS
    Redrawer: Heiron, Rain

Downloads
    MF || Read Online || Discuss
    www.mangapanda.com
    #red-hawk@irc.irchighway.net
    I'm just wondering, are those measurements correct for that big guy? Because a skinny guy of seven feet (2.13 m) already weights over the 100kg ( 222 pounds). I'm wondering if it's a translation error or an error of the mangaka?

49. Description
    content
    Translator

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chomio View Post
    I'm just wondering, are those measurements correct for that big guy? Because a skinny guy of seven feet (2.13 m) already weights over the 100kg ( 222 pounds). I'm wondering if it's a translation error or an error of the mangaka?
    It's not the translation. The mangaka doesn't have a good sense of weight. As an engineer that works with pounds a lot, that bothers me too.

51. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reversed meaning

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/151702/...ed-hawk-neo/16

I think it makes alot more sense that they went into the abandoned building to not involve the townsfolk.

53. Description
    content
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast