Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Useful Firefox Extension

I just recently switched to Firefox for some reason, and is currently in love with 2 extensions of Firefox, enough with the chit chat and lets' go on with the reviews.

Now first up is the reason why I switched to Firefox.

First up is the most awesome add-on extension that I have ever seen called "AnonymoX", I was having hard time configuring stuff since I got a weird problem with my laptop with relevance to the Explorer and Browsing since yesterday all out hackers business on the deeper level of the internet realm, anyways since my laptop was heavily damaged and on the verge of reformat or switching to Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal (re-downloading the 64 bit OS architecture right now), since flushing my IP and DNS wasn't successful and I had to restore the previous configuration with the problem still on it, this extension saved my ass. I can now access all of the websites that I frequently visit which got reversed IP address conflict.

So here is the thing about AnonymoX. It's a extension with gives you anonymous browsing experience without using proxy or other programs needed, ( Tor and Spotflux), it's like a VPN within the browser without any software needed to install for it to work. It will give you an US IP address

Pros:
    ~Anonymous Browsing
    ~No hassle browsing, no hick ups, fast browsing
    ~Comfortable to use

Cons:
    ~It has some lil Ads floating on the as you can see HERE but it doesn't really bother me, I don't know about you though.
    ~If you have more 1 MBps or faster internet speed, it will slow down to 600KBps... that's it though. I have no problem with it since I only have 100KBps internet speed. :P

As you can see on the picture link that I provided above showing the picture of the Ad of AnonymoX, it's on full screen, now you are wondering why it's on Full Screen and most users know that when you're browsing on Full Screen, there are lots of disadvantages like you can't see the tabs, can't minimize it, can't access your add-ons and so on; so here's an extension that will help you solve that problem.

Introducing "Full Screen Plus"

*Click the Image to Enlarge; as usual

Now take a look on this, as you can see I can't see the tabs of Firefox.
    Screenshot 1

Now look at this, as you can see if you hover your cursor on the top of your screen, the menu will hover down with all your tabs and everything else, well except for Add-On bar on the bottom, you will not find it, and on upper right you can see lots of weird icon below the "Close Button" that's is Full Screen Plus Navigation Button that gives you options on how you will browse in Full Screen. for people who has multiple monitor, Full Screen Plus also supports Multiple Monitor.
    Screenshot 2

My Cursor goes invincible whenever use the MyImgUr screenshot. sorry about that

Pros:
    Anything you would imagine on Full Screen Browsing

Cons:
    Of course you can't see the Add-on Bar nor the Windows Taskbar, but hey you can always minimize Firefox.

Last Pass, the most useful extension for my over-piling multiple accounts with different password from one another.

It gives you a secure vault for all your account and gives you fast login process, and everything else that a password manager should have. (It's also a necessary component for my Removed The Login Page of a Website right P-Man )

That's it for today, since I haven't eaten my breakfast ughhh, and why the hell am I drinking soft drinks.
    Last edited by Ib; 10-26-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    The Neko Picture Below is Hiding Something -- I wonder what it is...

2. Description
    content
    Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Click the Images in the Spoiler to Enlarge Them.

Coming back on Firefox version 16.0.2, some fixes on security problem and minor UI tweaks.

Like Chrome, we have also FVD Video Downloader for Firefox. Its' main purpose is to download anything Flash related content on every website, and for some reason, SWF files download doesn't work on the Firefox counterpart of this extension, well at least it could still download videos from Youtube and other websites.

Screenshot

Now, if you want to know where is the server location of website is located and also their IP address, then Flagfox is the extension for you (an I.P address of an website can be used as an alternative to access the website, when it's not reachable from what I remember), , and like the name of the extension; it also displays the Country Flag of the server.

Screenshot

Well you know what Ghostery is from the last post that I made from the Useful Chrome Extension thread, well for the people who ignore that thread since you're a Firefox user, then I will explain it again. Ghostery is an extension that sees the "invisible" web, detecting trackers, web bugs, pixels, and beacons placed on web pages by Facebook, Google Analytics, and over 1,000 other ad networks, behavioral data providers, web publishers - all companies are interested on to gain info on your activity since information is the deadliest weapon anyone can have in the internet (e.g Stalkers and Hackers).

Ghostery is built and maintained for users that care about their online privacy, and is engineered with privacy as a primary goal. Ghostery use is anonymous. No registrations or sign-ups are required. The Ghostery plug-in does not place cookies into your browser. Neither the Ghostery application nor Evidon receives any data from Ghostery users unless the user opts-in to participate in Ghostrank. Ghostrank data itself is anonymous, is NEVER used for advertising targeting purposes, and is only shared in aggregated, non-personal, statistical form so your privacy is protected.

Screenshot:
    Let's make 9gag as an example

The Extension

well that's it

My Firefox is really different no? P.S I have disabled my CSS so Red Hawk Scan looks pretty normal.
    Firefox Evolution

4. Description
    content
    Officer

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    greasemonkey :o

6. Description
    content
    Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHome View Post
    greasemonkey :o
    That would be on the next review :o

8. Description
    content
    Officer

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used to have it before moving from firefox to chrome.
    fortunately now chrome has native support for greasemonkey script.

10. Description
    content
    Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHome View Post
    Used to have it before moving from firefox to chrome.
    fortunately now chrome has native support for greasemonkey script.
    Indeed . So you're a Chrome user, why I haven't seen your Chrome Homepage in HERE?

The things that I don't like on Firefox

~It's really hard to browse since loading webpages takes too long and lags while it loads, it happens..
    ~Since the process of Firefox is only one, every tab is effected when 1 tab lags due to shockwave plugin crash and affects every other tab.
    ~The number of extension it can handle is very limited unlike Chrome, unlimited depending on how much is your resources can hold, as for my Chrome, I have 48 Extension all in all, others' are game apps and it still works fine.
    ~In the configuration of Firefox there are lots of problem that needs some readjustment for the Firefox to work best, it doesn't have a unique universal configuration that can support every browsing needs of a user, as for Chrome, the separate processes of everything in Chrome saves it from that flaw.

12. Description
    content