Yet another August 30th has come around, which means it’s Red Hawk Scans’s fifth anniversary! Our staff has been working hard this past year, and we truly appreciate the support of all our readers. Of course, many thanks are owed to our dedicated staff that devotes their free time and energy toward our work. The work we do is driven by our love for the series we work on, and your continued support!
To begin, our greatest thanks go to the hardest workers on our staff, the administration. Head of our operation remains Takadanama, overseeing releases and staff production. HontouRakuda also maintains his position as Head Translator with ObsidianTK as noble leader of the Proofreading department. Continuing to work their famous magic as Head Cleaner and Head Typesetter, respectively, are Naselare and Vaelis. The only change to our Red Hawk Administration has been the addition of our new webmaster ImperialXT! Many thanks to him for keeping this site up and running smoothly.
Yet again, we’re sending out a couple wanted posters for missing staff members! This time, Dirna and Finestela, who cruelly made a short appearance only to disappear once again. We mourn their absence in staff channel and hope to see them again soon!
We’ve welcomed and said farewell to many staff members this year, but regardless, they’ve all made a valuable contribution to our team that we are truly grateful for.
Our currently active staff is as follows:
HontouRakuda, Triplicate, ferdinbeer, ernest8192, Gomenasai, js06, MusouMitai, CanonRap, Runte
ObsidianTK, Akira, Aryllos, jagman1x3, th3l3fty, Irru, Lingering Sentiment, epokreign, Deya, Nemu
Naselare, Vaelis, Knight, azevedo, DKThias, jagman1x3, KoolKidsK, Kundumstaf, Yoshimatsu, M-Hario, MoonWind, Otamega, Skywalker, Takuo, Derek, PowerTrip, MKevinT, Sitlo, Mooltie
Vaelis, FKS, depression76, jagman1x3
Vaelis, MrHome, Gradonil_Ral, Heiron, Kundumstaf, Rain1911, Savino, Sasori69, Michalv
Additional thanks to our retired translator, Cazelo, for his hard work on several series during his tenure on staff.
And to celebrate this momentous occasion, the lack of staff creativity is proud to present to you another list of staff awards!
First are the awards for most active staff. With the exception of our admins (who easily make the largest contribution to our operation), these members of staff were voted most active by the majority of staff.
Ferdinbeer has been voted Most Active Translator! Having been the first new translator in over 7 months, Ferd helped to lighten the load on the other translators and he’s been a great asset to our team. Ferdinbeer works on Nanatsu no Taizai, Tekken Chinmi Legends, and anything else we need his help on!
Voted Most Active Cleaner was Knight! Knight works at least two series a week and he’s always working hard. Knight works on almost all of our series! Most notably, he works on Nisekoi and Beelzebub.
Most Active Proofreader has been awarded to Nemu! Nemu has been our go-to backup proofreader for all our series that needed some grammar nazi-love! Nemu has offered her assistance on the majority of Red Hawk series, but she works mainly on Princess Lucia and part-time on Nisekoi.
FKS was voted Most Active Typesetter! His skillful and timely typesetting leads to the neat and quick releases we all love. FKS works on Beelzebub, Nanatsu no Taizai, Half and Half and Kimi no Iru Machi.
Last, but certainly not least, Most Active Redrawer has gone to Rain1911! Rain’s consistent hard work has made a huge impact on our timely releases. Rain’s work is invaluable and we can’t thank him enough. Rain works on just about every series we release!
And now for the awards everyone actually cares about:
- Nicest: Akira
- Most Absurd Handle Origin: Ferdinbeer
- Most Progress Learning Japanese: Naselare
- Most Tenuous Grasp on His Own Native Language: KoolKidsK
- Most Likely to Commit the Infamous Slap-and-Run: Takadanama
- Most Argumentative: Aryllos
- Most Likely to Confront the Argumentative: KoolKidsK
- Most Abused: KoolKidsK, who has proudly regained his throne! Congrats!
- Most Opinionated: Otamega
- Most Tsundere: [still] Nemu
- Least Confrontational: Ferdinbeer
- Best Cynic: th3l3fty! Rest assured he hates all of you equally.
- Best Triplicate: Irru
- Best Irru: Triplicate
- Laziest: [still] Runte
- Raping Queen: Takadanama, who has overthrown long-time champion, Mooltie!
- Biggest Harem: Cazelo
- Most Knowledgeable About Anything You Could Possibly Have A Question About: FKS
- Smoothest Operator: epokreign
- Most Screwed Up Sleep Habits: DKThias
- Most Nitpicky: [still] Aryllos! (So nitpicky that he nitpicked about not having this award again, so here it is.)
- Best Non-Proofreader Proofreader: FKS and Vaelis
- Most Mysterious: [still] Lingering Sentiment
- Most Broken Bones: [still] Irru
- Most Likely to Convert Scripts to Incomprehensible Fonts: Triplicate
- Most Likely to Cover Everything and Everyone in the Surrounding Area with Sparkles: Nemu
- Best at Coming Up with Disturbing Innuendos: jagman1x3
- Best Disappearing Act: Finestela ;_;
- Best at Convincing Staff He’d Been Killed: Deya
- Most Likely to Forget His Native Language in Favor of His Second: HontouRakuda
- Most OCD: [still] MusouMitai
- Old Wise Man: Otamega
- The Valuable Staff Member We Can’t Think of Anything Witty for at the Moment: Knight
- Biggest Staff Channel Lurker: [still] MajinAndy
- Most dedicated Kimi cleaner: azevedo
Red Hawk Scans is five years old today! We hope you’ll continue to support us for many birthdays to come!